Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas Corner


One thing I've learned from past Christmas experiences is that the more I procrastinate, the more I end up spending. I am really trying to go into the holidays with a solid plan, and be well-organized so that I know exactly what I have, and what I still need. I also want to make sure that I take the time to really think about what to buy, and give thoughtful, mindful things.

There is also the dilemma of balancing the gift-giving with remembering and fostering the true spirit of Christmas in my family and myself. I really hope to be able to spend some more time this Christmas gathering together with my hubby and kids to build traditions and create memories. Without adding additional stress or craziness. I think the key to all of this is planning ahead and organization. I'm looking forward to it!

One thing that I am really hoping to do is to buy a big "family" gift, and skip most of the smaller gifts. Even though I think we have been fairly modest in what we usually give already, I am hoping to cut back even more. We really don't have money in the budget for a big ticket item, but I am really hoping that I can somehow find a way to come up with the funds on my own.

What is it, you ask? Well, I am really hoping to be able to get a Nintendo Wii plus Wii Fit. In addition, we currently do not own any kind of TV or monitor (other than the computer), so we would need to get that as well. Plus, I don't want to buy all of this without having some kind of functional, lockable cabinet to store it all in. Used is fine.

Other than that, the kids will probably get one gift from Santa, and then practical, useful items: Pj's, socks, underthings, toothbrushes, etc. that I hope to shop for deals on.

I will keep you posted on my efforts!

No comments: