Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Simple Beauty



Here is where I spent a part of my morning, unloading the dishwasher, loading it back up, wiping the counters and generally sprucing up the kitchen. I have to say, with the sun shining in, the country-side views of my backyard, and the lovely flower arrangement I put together this morning it was all a rather enjoyable few moments. There is something soothing in the familiar, methodical rhythm of the daily tasks. Knowing that, because I am here and doing this, life must be good.


This was a flower bouquet that was left-over from the shower. Didn't have time to do anything more involved with it at the time, other than to put it into a vase. It served its purpose at the time, and served it well. Now, it was starting to look a little worse for wear, and honestly, making my dining room table feel cluttered. I am a little that way- after a while I just need to clear things out. But, it seemed a shame to toss it, as there were still some very pretty flowers. Then, I remembered that I have this lovely green glass reproduction flower frog vase that would be just the ticket. And this is what I ended up with. A different look, all with the same flowers.



No comments: